In this month of love, you may be struggling to find where to go to have quality time with your beloved partner. You may be wondering which country, which city, and which place? Don’t hesitate to add Germany to your list.
Germany is one of the 20 most romantic destinations in Europe. If you are bored with mainstream romantic places such as the river Vltava in Prague or the Eiffel tower in Paris, the places in Germany are the best answer. Germany is stuffed with rich historical architectures, castles, beautiful natural landscapes, good foods, and comfortable hotels.
This country will provide you with the best romantic places to create intimate and memorable moments with your partner. There are a lot of interesting activities you both can do such as a fresh morning walk, a sweet candlelit dinner, a precious wedding proposal, or a romantic honeymoon. Can’t wait to make romance in Germany with your sweetheart? Read on these five recommendations for you.
Why is Bavaria the best romantic place to visit?
With its numerous lakes, beautiful mountain scenery, and famous fairy-tale castles—such as Neuschwanstein Castle, Bavaria is one of the most scenic and romantic places in Germany. Bavaria is exceptional due to its untouched nature, the many fascinating destinations for excursions, and the great hospitality of the residents. For your brief break, marriage proposal, or romantic honeymoons, here is exactly the perfect spot.
What to do in Bavaria?
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle to see charming architecture and feel like a royal couple in the fairy-tale story. This castle is known as the inspiration for Walt Disney’s Cinderella castle.
- Enjoy a romantic picnic with delicious local foods near the lakes in the summer months.
- A snowshoe hike, as well as a romantic carriage ride in the horse sled through the snowy winter view, is a perfect highlight for winter lovers.
Why is Dresden the best romantic place to visit?
The old town of Dresden is stunned by Baroque architectural masterpieces, and the imposing cityscape is why the city is also regarded as the 'Florence of the North’. Enjoy the special flair of one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Dresden gives its visitors many romantic places where at every turn you come face to face with the past and splendor of the Saxon electorate.
What to do in Dresden?
- Take a romantic carriage ride while pampered by the coachman with a glass of sparkling wine and the sumptuous buildings pass by.
- Take gondola ride on the Carolasee in the Großer Garten.
- Pack a picnic basket and enjoy the variety of the park in the city.
- Watch the sunset over the hills nearby Saxon Switzerland.
Why is Frankfurt the best romantic place to visit?
In central Germany, Frankfurt is a lively, cosmopolitan metropolis and a perfect destination for a romantic city break. This city offers visitors a lot of architecture, history, and culture. In particular, couples will enjoy taking romantic walks along the Main River and sharing candlelit dinners at night with stunning views of Frankfurt's breath-taking skyline.
What to do in Frankfurt?
- Have a picnic in the Palmengarten.
- Take a boat trip on the river Main.
- Write your names on the padlock on the Eiserner Steg Bridge.
- Take a walk through the vineyards.
- Buy souvenirs at Frankfurt’s Christmas market.
Why is Heidelberg the best romantic place to visit?
Heidelberg has won itself the romantic city tagline. Some of the greatest authors in the world, including Ernest Hemingway, Mark Twain, and Goethe, find inspiration in the town at the foot of the Odenwald forest that clings to the Neckar River.
What to do in Heidelberg?
- Watch sunset near the Neckar River.
- Take a walk together in the Philosophenweg where the path presenting views over the city and Schloss Heidelberg across the river.
- Have romantic chitchat while making a picnic in the Philosophengärtchen, a supreme terrace garden where the best views down to the Altstadt and over the Upper Rhine Plain can be had.
- Have a sweet lunch or dinner in the restaurant near the Neckar River.
5. Sylt Island
Why is Sylt Island is the best romantic place to visit?
The Queen of the Frisian archipelago in the North Sea is Sylt. It is renowned for its wellness retreats, Michelin-starred restaurants, lovely sandy beaches, dreamy grass-clad dunes, and the surrounding Wadden Sea, all of which make it a favorite destination for celebrities and honeymooners.
What to do on Sylt Island?
- Take a romantic walk along the beachside promenade.
- Sail together and enjoy the fascinating Wadden sea.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery from above while windsurfing.
- Have fine dining with your partner in the Michelin-starred restaurant.
Which romantic place in Germany is your favorite?
Unfortunately, you may have to hold yourself back from going anywhere during this pandemic. Instead, how about learning German for a much more enjoyable vacation? It’s such a useful thing to do besides taking your formal online classes, work-from-home tasks, and wait for your trip to romantic places in Germany to come true. Luckily for you, LingoTalk is here to provide you with free-hassle language courses that you can take anywhere and anytime!